Monday, November 24, 2008

Wrap-Up Reflection

1. After this class is over, I think design will play a large role in my life.. To some degree I think that the concepts learned over the course of the quarter will impact every student. The course incorporated techniques used in advertising and marketing, something that I run into on a daily basis. Design is also a potential career path of mine, and this class solidified my interest in the topic, and gave me the groundwork necessary to continue down this road if I choose.

2. I would tell a new First Year student at K to join a lot of different clubs and activities. By taking advantage of what the school has to offer, you will meet a lot of cool and new people. During orientation week, introduce yourself to as many people as you can to put yourself out there and solidify yourself in the K community. The first few weeks might be difficult, but as long as you pace yourself, manage your time well, and open yourself up to new experiences, you will have a blas. K is what you make it.

3. For a student enrolled in this seminar class I would stress the value of speaking out during discussions and making your opinions/ideas heard. Thoroughly read the information packets that are handed out during class or online, and be ready to participate in the free-form discussions that take place concerning each topic. Don't be afraid to connect ideas from previous discussions, because the topics tend to overlap and run together, making connections necessary.

No comments: